Re: Mail from M$ Outlook Express -> something

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 11:58:23AM +0200, JZidar wrote:
| I'm archiving my mail inWindoze and as I'll be switching to Debian soon I
| would like to ask if there's any converter that would convert my Outlook
| mail to the format used by kmail or some other linux mail client.

One reliable method is to move the mail from your local windows system
to a remote IMAP server.  Then use your preferred linux client to pull
the mail back from the IMAP server.

or stay with IMAP (possibly local on your system). the beauty of it is that you can try different email clients (most of the modern ones support imap) without worries about file format, you can access email at the same time from different places, access email remotely (over SSL) etc.

IAMP servers in debian: a very simple one to setup is uw-imap, somewhat more flexible but harder to install is cyrus (there are other, I think, these are the only ones I have experience with)

	erik