Re: Extremely annoying ext3

On Sunday 22 June 2003 11:47 pm, Aaron wrote:
> A follow up:
> I got a suggestion to try ReiserFS, anyone else running Reiser that is
> happy with it?

I ran reiser for some time and I can say it's very fast.
But, if you are in risk of suffering an unspected power down I certanly not
recommend it.
ext 3 is the most safe file system, you can ever recover deleted files if
things gets ugly.
As someone point out your problem it's not on the file system but on the
settings of the hard disk.
Run hdparm -tT /dev/hdb  for a timing test of the real performance of your
disk.
hdparm -i /dev/hdb  for seeng your actual disk settings.

Alfredo