Re: debian: an opposit faction

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:32:57 -0400
Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net> wrote:
>Piero(ludovico.ariosto@wanadoo.fr) is reported to have said:
>>
>> Changing "PS/2" into "ImPS/2" did the magic, and solved my problem.
>>
>> But the answer condained an even more useful suggestion: "read the
>> docs". And here is where my thread joins the "debian" thread.
><- snip ->
>>
>> (An example: which document would have told me that such a protocol
>> like ImPS/2 existed? Which basic document would hav led me to such
>> document?)
>
> man gpm
>
> <- quote on ->
>
> -t name
>    Set the mouse type. Use `-t help' to get a list of allowable types.
>
> <- quote off ->
>
> Would that "basic document" do?

Well, as someone who was once in the shoes of the person to whom you're
replying . . .no, it wouldn't.  I don't use gpm; gpm wasn't installed
when I did my initial install; none of the installation docs referred
me to gpm; I never even heard of it until joining this list a few
months ago.  I learned how to get my mouse wheel working (without gpm)
the same way I've learned to get most things working under Linux and
with Debian:  through googling.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)