Re: nvidia geforce 4 ti 4800 not working in debian

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 12:07:20PM -0400, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> Roman Joost <romanjoost@gmx.de> writes:
>
> > I have a nasty problem with my nvidia geforce 4 ti 4800, if i start
> > my x server (unstable). After the nvidia splash appears, my system
> > locks up.
> >
> > Is there someone outthere, who have the same graficcard and maybe
> > the same problem (solved) ??
>
> I had a nvidia card before. I just gave up on the nvidia drivers and
> used the nv module of XFree86. I don't know if XFree86 supports
> geforce 4 with the nv driver. If not then you can probably use the
> vesa driver.

It does.  Even supports the GeForce FX series.  The lockup is most
likely caused by some other problem within the system (IRQ or something
else).

I have 8+ systems in the house that use the nVidia drivers with cards
ranging from first gen TNT to GeForce FX (though none with the original
posters model), they all work flawlessly.

--
Jamin W. Collins