Re: DivX and XviD - hardware requirements

On Sunday 22 June 2003 11:56, JZidar wrote:
> I'm building a small system for working at home. I would be like to watch
> some movies sometimes but I don't know if that's enough:
> - Pentium II 266 MHz
> - 196 Megs of ram
> - graphic card Geforce2 MX

From my experience, you could run into problems with higher-resolution movies.
On one of my systems (Athlon 1400, currently clocked at 1050), movies play in
xine, but after some time the system becomes quite unresponsive. It takes
some time for the UI to react and moving the mouse makes the movie stutter.
But that could very well be because the system is a little broken.

IIRC, >=450MHz is recommended for watching movies.

--
Got Backup?