Re: Wheelmouse

Piero wrote:
> I'm not able to make my wheelmouse work. It's a basic Logitech wheelmouse.
>    Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"
> Anything tu suggest? Thanks

Change that line above to be:

   Option "Protocol"    "ImPS/2"

Wheelmice use InteliMouse protocol.  If you are using 'gpm' then also
make that change in /etc/gpm.conf too.  And the same problem in
reverse if you swap in a non-wheelmouse later.

I don't know if this next will help or hinder.  But recently I have
heard of a package which might help in this process.  I have not
played with this at all but it looks interesting.  Probably more than
you need at the moment.

  apt-cache show mdetect

For now I would just change the XF86Config file line and be happy.

Bob