Re: exporting /var/spool/mail/user as mailbox

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 01:49:31PM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
[...]
| I am about to go on an extended vacation, during which time I'll only
| have access to a Windows pc and a modem connection.  I would like to
| be able to pick up my mai,
[...]

Options (in my order of preference, but YMMV) :
    1)  run sshd on your debian system,
        use putty (http://www.google.com/search?q=putty) on the
            windows machine to log in to your debian system and use a
            text-based mail reader (eg mutt) like you already do

    2)  run an IMAP server on your debian system, and also run a web
            server with Squirrelmail (or equivalent)
        on the windows machine use a web browser to access the webmail
            setup running on your debian system

    3)  run an IMAP server on your debian system,
        on the windows system set up a mail client just like everyone
            else who uses windows on a daily basis

-D

--
It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes at least a 486 to run Windows 95.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/