Re: Debian Linux Version

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 06:51:01AM +0530, anubhav dubey wrote:
| Dear Sir,
|
| I wish to purchase your Debian Linux Version

Go right ahead!  The price is $0.  Payment is accepted in the currency
of your choice :-).  You can find a CD for download at
http://cdimage.debian.org/.

| but i am not sure whether the
| same will automatically detect my onboard sound and graphics card.

Not likely.  Debian's installer doesn't autodetect much.  That isn't
terribly important, though, since it more than likely supports the
hardware, you'll just need to tell it what the hardware is.

| I am new to linux so i am not much aware of it.
|
| Mother Board  :  Dfi AZ30EC

I don't think the motherboard itself is very important, but sometimes
the main controller chips on it are.

| Graphic Card  :  S3 Graphics Pro Savage DDR

I think these work, but have no experience with them.  See
http://www.xfree86.org/ for more information, or search on google.

| Sound Card   :  Avance Audio Codec

I have never heard of this one before.  However, I am not an expert in
audio, and my sound card happens to be at least 10 years old.  Again,
check through google to find out the particulars.

Also, keep track of this mailing list because someone else who knows
more than I do may give you some additional information about your
hardware.

HTH,
-D

--
A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.
  --Kim Alm, a.s.r

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/