Re: filling the area under a curve in gnuplot

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

> also sprach Gregory Seidman <gss+debian@cs.brown.edu> [2003.06.16.0443 +0200]:
> > I don't know of a way of doing it from within gnuplot. If you want the
> > graph in some output format, however, I recommend writing it to EPS and
> > editing the PostScript by hand. From there you can use ghostscript to turn
> > it into whatever format you really want, if that isn't EPS.
>
> I was thinking about this, but it's not possible. The graphs are
> just too complex to devise a safe scripting method.
>
> I am surprised that gnuplot can't do that...

I don't use gnuplot, so waited for someone to answer.  I too amsurprised
it doesn't do this.

In gri, this would be:

read columns x y
0 0
1 2
2 3
3 8
4 5
5 0

draw curve filled to 0 y

See http://gri.sourceforge.net and for quick examples:
http://gri.sourceforge.net/gri-cookbook/recipes.html

Peter (Emacs gri-mode author and Debian package maintainer for gri)