Re: debian

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 04:19, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 12:08:23AM -0400, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> > There's no good reason why Debian doesn't.
>
> You mean other than the fact you only have to run the installer once?

Lol I truly envy you. I've run the installer 1000+++ times already.
I now consider it an old reliable friend. Of course that's now (after
the 1000+++ installs).

There are many reasons.

First I've installed Debian on hundreds of computers. Many of them
weren't mine.

Second I didn't have a clue what I was doing my FIRST time and had to
restart at least 50 and at most 100 times, during a one week period that
left me completely exhausted, as I learned as much as I could, as fast
as I could.

Now I love Debian, but I wish there was a way to make people love Debian
sooner, because many people can't take the first install. Especially if
they do it all alone like I did.

Knoppix does, Knoppix is Debian inside, so Debian could too.

Bijan