Re: fatal error on RH partition

 --- Nori Heikkinen <nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu> escribió:
> that symlink is already there.
>
> > If not, I would try booting into RH and running lilo fro within RH.
>
> the whole problem with this was that i couldn't boot into redhat.
> still can't.
>
> thanks,
>
> </nori>

Oh, right.  I forgot.

As root, run 'mkboot -r /dev/hda5 /mnt/boot/vmlinuz' (or replace vmlinuz with
the actual name of the kenrel).  With that you should have a boot disk that
will boot to your RH partition, letting you work from within it.

So, make the boot disk, and try to run lilo from RH.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Sorteos  -  http://loteria.yahoo.es
Juega a la Lotería Primitiva sin salir de casa