Sid: there must be a bug somewhere... but where?

Hello,

I am running debian sid.

I have the following in ~/.Xresources

emacs*font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-*-120-*-*-c-*-iso10646-1
Emacs*ReverseVideo: true
xdvi*reverseVideo: true
xpdf*reverseVideo: true
Xft.autohint: 1   #enables freetype autohinting

At boot time, immediately after starting X,

   xrdb -query

correctly shows those settings.

The problem is that, at unpredictable times, these settings disappear,
for no apparent reason.

(I can easily tell, because the fonts begin to use the bytecode
interpreter, and xdvi starts black on white).

>From that moment on, if I do

  xrdb -query

nothing is shown.

To fix it, I must do

  xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources

I cannot understand what package is buggy.

I am using kde, evolution, mozilla, konqueror, xmule, konsole, pan,
mysql, php, apache, and not much more.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Maurizio