Access to Windows partition

I mounted my hard disk's windows partition (fat32) with "gid=winusers" (the group to which I belong) and umask=113 as options. Correctly the directory /windows ant its subdirectories had uid 0 (default), gid winusers, and permissions "rw-rw-r--". Nevertheless, when I tried to do "ls -l /windows" or "cd /windows" under my own logname, I got the message "permission denied". I could do such operations (at least "ls -l") logging as root.

Is it normal?

In this case, what can I do in order Linux Mozilla and Windows Mozilla to share address books and bookmarks? (I thought of symlinking them).

Thanks,
Piero.