Re: [OT]What is Dynix

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 05:50:29PM +0300, Aryan Ameri wrote:
[...]
} "Specifically, Sontag said IBM moved technology to Linux from AIX and
} another version of Unix called Dynix that IBM acquired when it bought
} Sequent. "
}
} I have been trying really hard, to learn as much as possible about
} different Unix variants, but to date, I have never heard of a Unix
} called Dynix. Can anyone tell me what kind of OS it is/was ?

My only experience with it was in a public library which had just converted
to it from some older system. This was in 1992 or so.

} Cheers
--Greg