Re: LITEON Cd Burner problems.

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 19:04, Brian Poole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Firstly have a liteon 48*24*48 burner, it works fine for me.  I have not
> experienced your problem.
>
> Your burner could be defective, if possible see if it works under
> another operating system with the software it shipped with.
>
> Try removing your philips cd-rom and then reboot.  Is the problem still
> happening now?
>
> hth
>
> Thanks for the responce ...
	Tried what you suggested but to know avail.Well we resorted to
upgrading the firmware in the burner, the firmware was "XS0R" we flashed
it to "XS0Z" in the hope that may help. I hate flashing things, theory
is if it ain't broke don't fix or touch it hi hi hi ...

	After a little flashing trip and the a reboot into linux, as the
flashing utility had to run under Windoze, luck for the dual boot eh!
low and behold it worked !!!! so i rebooted again and again well four
times in total with now comlaint. There you go folks, will keep our eyes
on it but me thinks it might be the cure if any one else has the same
problem.

Signed juffy

Matthew Richardson
vk7juf@southcom.com.au