Re: USB and PCMCIA card readers

 --- Piers Kittel <edinfo-list@biased.org> escribió:
> Fantastic thanks so very much for your help Bret and Roberto - much helpful!
>
> Have recompiled the kernel with SCSI support, SCSI disk support, USB
> mass storage support (when I checked my .config file, I noted an entry
> for "Jumpshot" in the USB drivers list, but can't find that in make
> menuconfig. Weird) and now I get the following mesasges when I boot up
> the laptop with the USB reader inserted:
>
> hub.c: new USB device 00:01.2-2, assigned address 2
> usb.c: USB devcie 2 (vend/prod 0x5dc/0x1) is not claimed by any active
> driver.
> SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
> Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
> usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
> USB Mass Storage support registered
>
> Have added "/dev/sda1 /home/smartmedia auto rw,user,noauto 0 0" to the
> fstab.
> When the laptop has booted, and I try "mount /home/smartmedia" I get an
> "mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device"
>
> Trying "mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /home/smartmedia" gets the same results.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers - Piers

Piers,

     I am not really sure why that error pops up, but I occasionally get it.
Usually, repeating the mount command several times will cause it to work.
I know this is somehwat annoying, but I use the SmartMedia so infrequently,
that I it has not been high on my list of priorities.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Sorteos  -  http://loteria.yahoo.es
Juega a la Lotería Primitiva sin salir de casa