Re: NFS. [ Was: Re: nfs mount error ]

* Shaul Karl
>   Just wondering: have you considered a replacement? Maybe you dropped it
> all together? For some reason I believe that the 2.5 kernel
> configuration help are not suggesting CODA in the strong way that the
> 2.4 used to. Does NFS v4 much better then v3?

Haven't tried, really.  Just using NFS v3 because it's there...

But thanks for a reminder.

My main problem with NFS is hanging mounted file systems which I
cannot unmound.  I cannot even use programs like ls, df, du,
find.... because all file system calls hang when getting near the nfs
file system.  Reboot is the only way... (Perhaps not, because some
tricks can still be applied, but it is annoying.)

--
 Jon Haugsand, Jon-H.Haugsand@norges-bank.no
 http://www.norges-bank.no