USB and PCMCIA card readers

Hello all

I have 2 card readers - an Sandisk PCMCIA compactflash card reader, and an Lexar USB Smartmedia card reader, and well, the question is how to get those to work on my linux laptop? I'm not fairly sure what is there to need to know to solve the problem, the laptop's a fairly ancient one, P233mmo, 128mb RAM, USB (has to be version 1 I guess), and has PCMCIA. Running Debian woody version 3 with kernel version 2.4.21-rc5. I get the following messages when I insert the card readers:

PCMCIA Compact Flash reader:
"cardmgr[94]: unsupported card in socket 1
cardmgr[94]:   product info: "Micron", "MTCF    "
cardmgr[94]:   manfid: 0x002c, 0x0000  function: 4 (fixed disk)"

USB Smartmedia reader:
hub.c: new USB device 00:01.2-2, assigned address 2
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x5dc/0x1) is not claimed by any active driver."

I'm guessing that I just need the drivers to get them, but I've searched for them, can't find them.

Thanks very much for your help in advance

Cheers - Piers