howto rebuild items under /usr/share/applnk ???

In a misbegotten effort to upgrade to kde 3.x, I have managed to delete
/usr/share/Applnk/* .

Now that I have re-installed kde 2.2.25, and I log into my desktop, the
panel in the lower left has gear-icons, instead of application-specific
icons, in positions 3-11 and 13.  Clicking on one of these gives errors
like this:

``Unable to run the command specified.  The file of the directory
file:/usr/share/applnk/Internet/konqbrowser.desktop does not
exist.''

In fact, konqueror *is* installed, because I am using it ;>  Probably,
the other applications are also extant.

How can I recover or rebuild all of these?

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds