Disappearing cursor in opera

Dear list,

as I'm unsure whether the problem is opera-specific or
has something to do with my X system, and googling
didn't turn up any helpful results, I hope that you
have experienced similar phenomena or even found a
solution:

Time and again, opera eats my keyboard cursor, i.e.
the graphical bar disappears, and further key events
are obviously discarded. If I move the mouse out of
opera's window and back in again, the focus seems to
return, and after typing one character even the cursor
symbol reappears.

As I've disabled most of the "focus switching" options
in Enlightenment and this only occurs with opera, I'm
pretty confused.

Can someone explain this spontaneous focus loss to me?

TIA,

Jan C. Nordholz