Re: Installing via Apt-Get From a CD?

* Nick Wilson <nick@tioka.com> [030614 15:10]:

> * and then Christian Schoenebeck declared....
> > > just get's 'package not found'.
> > >
> > > Could someone put me on the right track please?
> >
> > Use 'apt-cdrom' to add all your Debian archive CDs you have and need (no
> > matter if official or unofficial) automagically to /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> Okay, done! ;-)
>
> However, I still get 'package ted not found'.

What command did you enter to get this error message?

Just to clarify, I believe you need to run:

"apt-cdrom add"

Then I think it will prompt you to put in any Debian cd's that you have.

Next, assuming both ted and ted-common are on your cd(s), you can
install it with

"apt-get install ted"

> How do I work out which cdrom it is on?

Hmm not sure.

Anyway let us know _exactly_ what happens when you run the commands
above.

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.4.20-looxt93c8 #1 Thu May 22 10:43:41 JST 2003