Re: qiv usage question

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
> Yesterday I saw a recomendation for qiv as an image viewer on this list.
> I'd never heard of it, and had beeen using xv and fbi for various things.
>
> I really like qiv as used like this "qiv -f -m -d 3 -s -r", it works a lot
> like my favorite fbi usgae.

The others have answered this.

But what I really want to know, is why the heck does it take over
everything from my window manager in full screen mode? Is this a side
effect of some X accelaration, or is there a way I can override this?

What happens is that I can't use my virtual pager, I can't send the
window to the background, I can't move the window, when it is
fullscreen. Usually, FVWM will intercept all these special
keystrokes/mouseclicks, and do what it wants, but in this case, qiv
steals them before fvwm gets a chance.

Perhaps I can tell fvwm to not send all but a small subset of
keyclicks to qiv, and let fvwm interpret them itself?

So now that the car is gone, wanna shag? -- James