mouse buttons map

Hi!

I'm using this line make my mouse's whell work:

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

Is it possible to map a button, to another existing button? For example I have a middle button called "Button 2". But I have another button called "Button 6". I want to make "Button 6" work exactly as "Button 2", and when I press "Button 6", it would seems like I just pressed "Button 2". Is this possible?
I tried with xmodmap:

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 6 3 6 7 4 5"

For this I get an error message:

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  116 (X_SetPointerMapping)
  Value in failed request:  0x6
  Serial number of failed request:  10

How can I do this?

Thanks!