FYI "REISERFS": still with problems

Hi,

Sometime ago, I wrote here about my problems with reiserfs.
Someone replied that it was possible that there is a problem
with my hardware.

However, since the problems happen randomly but fortunately
seldom on MANY different disk hardwares, I guess that it may
be more than just a hardware problem. Most of the problems
occurs on very large files.

Eg. 1: it happen once on a 650 MByte ISO file --> it went
       corrupt.
Eg. 2: it happen a couple of times when uncompressing bzip2
       megafiles. Bzip2 reports that the file is corrupted.
       But, it went OK after I rebooted the PC (Hey, is not
       this the Redmond[TM] way ? :)
Eg. 3: it has corrupted an INN archive TWICE on different servers.

Again, it happen very seldom and random, so that it is still
worth to use reiserfs for non critical mission applications.
BTW, I am using pentium IIIs dan IVs with debian kernel
2.4.20-686

Any clue?

--
Abdul Latip -- Angkasa Internet Junior Staff -- ANGIN.com
http://people.WebIndonesia.com/dullatip/ ----------------