Re: OT mozilla filter to keep my debian mail list organized

* Travis Crump (pretzalz@techhouse.org) [030611 19:29]:
> Jeff Ali wrote:
> >I didn't realize I was joining such a cool and active list so now I must
> >find a way to keep the emails organized.
> >
> >Can someone tell me how to set up a simple filter in mozilla so that all
> >the mail I receive from debian-users list gets put in a folder.  I was
> >going to set up the filter based on from or subject but i don't see
> >anything to base it on.  Any ideas?
> >
> >Thanks, Jeff
> >

> X-Mailing-List contains debian-user
>
> You can add X-Mailing-List to the header list by choosing Customize and
> typing it in...

Well, for anyone else following this thread, and at least for the
archives, Travis's answer is the correct response.  It's debian-user
traffic IFF it has X-Mailing-List: debian-user@lists.debian.org .  If
you want to sort out the list traffic, this is the way to do it.  I
don't understand why you'd want to use any of the other "99%
heuristics", when this just works.

IOW, if we could score answers on this list, we'd see Travis's message
+5.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin