Re: Xwindows on Dell Precision M50

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 06:57:42AM -0400, dhobner wrote:
> I am going to send this out for help one more time.

Didn't see this one come by yesterday...

If you want help from somebody who actually _has_ installed x-windows on
a Dell Precision M50, try googling. For example, I know (now) that a
certain Chuck Gerhardt has installed Red Hat 7.3 on a Dell Precision M50
without any trouble, although he had to download the NVidia drivers from
the website.

If you want help from the rest of us, please give us some details on
your hardware configuration. For example, I (now) know that you are
probably using an nvidia card. Mentioning something like this might give
you a _lot_ of responses from everyone who has (tried) to install the
nvidia drivers. They're quite active these days, ;-)

HTH, David