Re: Console password generator

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 10:24, Miranda, Joel Louie M wrote:

> Im not sure if debian package has a password generator.
> Do we have one? I think I saw one but I couldn't figure where.

Package: makepasswd
 Generates true random passwords by using the /dev/random feature of
 Linux, with the emphasis on security over pronounceability.  It can
 also encrypt plaintext passwords given on the command line.

You can also try :
mkpasswd (1)         - Overfeatured front end to crypt(3)

mkpasswd is contained in the whois package.