Re: fstab Mystery

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 10:05:17PM +0200, Mark Annandale wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> This is an extract from my /etc/fstab -
>  "/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs,ro,noauto,users,exec,uid=mark,gid=mark  0 0".
>
> As user mark I cannot open this folder, but can as root. The installation is a
> hd install from a knoppix CD, giving me pretty much a woody installation
> AFAIK.
>
> Could anyone tell me whats wrong with that fstab entry, and perhaps tell me
> how to access it as user.

If you _really_ want to include uid and gid _and_ mount the folder as
user mark, you might want to check the ownership of /mnt/hda1, ;-) IIRC,
I had a similar problem once and the ownership should've been set to
the same user that's mounting the partition.

In other words, there's nothing wrong with your fstab, as others have
already pointed out; there might be something wrong with your file
permissions.

HTH, David