Re: Kernel penguin logo?

Op wo 11-06-2003, om 22:41 schreef Joel Konkle-Parker:
> How do I get a nice little penguin logo during kernel boot? Is that a
> kernel option that must be set at compile time? I noticed
> kernel-image-2.4.18-bf2.4 has it, while kernel-image-2.4.18-1-686 doesn't.

Yesterday, i compiled my own kernel and specified vesa frame buffer
support. Then i set vga=<insert mode here> in the lilo.conf where
<insert mode here> is a decimal mode specified
in the kernel source directory docs. Read the docs
Documentation\fb\framebuffer.txt and Documentation\svga.txt.

So you find a kernel that has support for vesa frame buffer or you
compile your own. If you decide to compile your own, check out
http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html
Very easy and you can use the config of your existing kernel (described
in the doc) so you only need to dive in to set the vesaframe buffer
support (and that might even be unnecessary if your current kernel has
the pengiun :-))