Re: [OT] Printer Recommendations

[Sorry for the broken thread!]

Allan Wind wrote:

>The psonly-1200 filter does something; otherwise jobs are not terminated
>and
>the printer will kill some jobs after a timeout of 2 min (if I recall
>correctly).  Not a big deal, it just surprised me that I needed a filter
>in the
>first place.

Hmmm... (tests it out):

perrin:~# /etc/init.d/lpd stop
Stopping printer spooler: lpd.
perrin:~# cat ~aperrin/ka.ps > /dev/usblp0

produces a fine printout. This is postscript sent directly to /dev/usblp0,
bypassing both lpd and (therefore) the psonly-1200 filter.

cheers,
Andy

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu