RE: Doubling 100MBit ethernet by splitting the cable <-- bad idea

Fluke has some great testers...

But, they're expensive.. and for anyones use, unless you're running cabling
professionally.. it's a waste of a time.

My company owns a nice one, but it cost a few grand.. but that's because we
run cabling quite frequently.

We have a bunch of microscanner pro's which are only good really for
physically testing wire locations
We also ahve two DSP-4000's which are quite nice..

check out:
flukenetworks.com

Paul Matuszewski
Systems Administration