Re: fstab Mystery

Mark Annandale wrote:
Hi Guys

This is an extract from my /etc/fstab -
 "/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs,ro,noauto,users,exec,uid=mark,gid=mark  0 0".

As user mark I cannot open this folder, but can as root. The installation is a hd install from a knoppix CD, giving me pretty much a woody installation AFAIK.

Could anyone tell me whats wrong with that fstab entry, and perhaps tell me how to access it as user.

If I'm not mistaken, uid and gid need actual user and group ID numbers, not names. So your line would be:

"/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs,ro,noauto,users,exec,uid=1000,gid=1000  0 0"

if "1000" is the ID of "mark".

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster [Ballsome.com]