Re: What is the best Xfree Setup Program?

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 09:52:09AM -0700, Jake Johnson wrote:
> I have been using debian for a long time now and I some of my friends are
> coming on board from Redhat.  Is there any new programs that will aid in
> the Xfree problems.  Redhat has a fairly good video detection software and
> I hope that debian has created something similar or better.

Courtesy of apt in #debian:

	set up x is, like, To set up X in woody, sarge or sid, "apt-get
	install discover read-edid mdetect && dpkg --force-depends -P
	xserver-xfree86 && apt-get install xserver-xfree86" (or
	x-window-system-core instead of xserver-xfree86 if you don't
	have it yet)

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 will allow you to reconfigure X, but
will not re-detect the hardware; you must purge/reinstall
xserver-xfree86 to accomplish this.

Geordie.