kernel compile problems with gcc 3.3

hi

i tried to recompile my 2.4.20 kernel with make-kpkg (as i have successfully done
before) incorporating the xfs and ck patches. this time the process stopped with the
following error message:

net/network.o(.text+0xe117): In function `rtnetlink_rcv':
: undefined reference to `rtnetlink_rcv_skb

in google i found one reference to this problem (but no solution) which linked the
problem to the newly introduced gcc-3.3. how do i avoid this?

relevant parts of my system are from testing.

thanks for advice

matthias