RE: Upgrading from unstable to stable

JZidar <mailto:zee@email.si> schreef op maandag 9 juni 2003 11:25:

> Hello! I'm running Woody Unstable/TEsting and I would like to upgrade
> to stable. Do I haave to modify my sources.list file and run apt-get
> upgrade and the then apt-get install or there more things that have
> to be dealt with?
>
> Thanx guys.
>
> JZidar
>
> "There is no spoon."
>
> Fill with mingled cream and amber,
> I will drain that glass again.
> Such hilarious visions clamber
> Through the chambers of my brain.
> Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies,
> Come to life and fade away:
> I am drinking ale today.
> (Edgar Allan Poe)

If you want back to stable, you are actuallly downgrading your system, you
are going back to older bug-free packages. I tried it too 3 months ago but
I couldn't do the trick.

My sources.lists:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

I don't know your experience with debian, my experience isn't very
big ;) but you can google around for this or search the mailing list
archive.

Good Luck,

-WJ

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS:   Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux:   Are you coming or what?