Re: Question about "New kernel packages fix several vulnerabilities"

Hello

Le Sun Jun 08 2003 à 10:17:05PM -0700, moseley@hank.org ecrivit :
[cut]

> I'm not clear about this:
>
> > For the unstable distribution (sid) these problems are fixed in the
> > 2.4.20 series kernels based on Debian sources.
>
> Does that mean only the 2.4.20 *debian* kernel sources are fixed?  I'm
> running 2.4.20 on all my machines but a few were built from kernel.org
> 2.4.20 source instead of the kernel-source debian package.

Debian (like others distibutions) path kernel for minor changes, see them on
/usr/src/linux/debian/changelog
(linux is a link for current source)

Hop'it'help

David Dumortier