Re: s key stopped working in console and xterm [SOLVED]

Op zo 08-06-2003, om 14:10 schreef John:
> On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 10:14:20AM +0200, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 1. How did i break the s key and how do i fix it? I have
> > knoppix lying around but i have no clue where to search.
>
> I edited /etc/inputrc a while back, got the syntax wrong & lost my 's'
> key.  Drove me nuts!
>
> John

Yes! Woohoo! You da man!
I checked my /etc/inputrc file and bingo, there was a
setterm -blength 0 line in there that caused the s
to disappear. Commenting that line out solved the whole
problem. Now it's back to finding out how i can specify
the exact font that i see when looking at xfontsel.

Anyway, it's strange that such an error in the inputrc file
can have such an effect!

Thanks a million John!