Re: [possibly OT] squirrelmail login problem

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:33:40 +0530
Sharninder Singh-662 <Sharninder.Singh-662@ushacomm.co.in> wrote:
> when i telnet to port 143 ... i get conenct but in square brackets the
> UW-IMAP server shows somthing like [CAPABILITY ...... LOGINDISABLED ....]
> what does this mean .. and how can i enable LOGINS

    Might be easier just to back down to the previous known working version of
UW-IMAPD.  It is what I did after a day of trying to figure it out.  Obviously
something there wasn't working, downgrade, tell aptitude to hold the package
and carry on.