Re: Mounting an NFS disk with knoppix hard disk install

J F wrote:
Mounting an old NFS disk with my new knoppix hard disk install.

My old linux machine has files on it and I would
like to rcp or copy the files over.

So I guess I need to:

On the old machine:
vi /etc/exports

vi /hosts.allow
reboot to take effect.

On the new machine:
I forget?

vi /etc/fstab
# manually added:
kauai:/     /mnt/kauai      nfs       rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,user,noauto
kauai:/home /mnt/kauai_home nfs       rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,user,noauto
kauai:/usr  /mnt/kauai_usr  nfs       rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,user,noauto
cd /
mkdir mnt
cd mnt
mkdir kauai
mkdir kauai_home
mkdir kauai_usr

I thought they had made this as easy as File Sharing
in MS win?

I also tried lisa, but didn't see any files in
file brower lan:/
except I did see the IP of the remote machine.