Re: Dumb Terminal Fonts

Thomas Elsen declaimed:
> db@epsi.net wrote:
>
> >Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I am trying to change my
> >font display in my initial logon screen run level 3. (no x windows)
> >
> >I am trying to make the displayed fonts smaller to increase screen
> >realestate in my non x terminal. SOrry if my wording is a little off,
> >I am not sure the terminalogy to use here to get my point accross.
>
> You can edit /etc/console-tools/config and outcomment and change the
> SCREEN_FONT to something like cp850-8x8
>
> Thomas Elsen

You can also enter a kernel argument like 'vga=ask', which will then
prompt you for resolution, when prompted try a number from 1 to 9. I
believe this is in the lilo or lilo.conf man pages.

Using modconf to enable the vga frame buffer may give you nicer fonts &
more options, the docs are in the kernel source package.

HTH, PM
--
Paul Mackinney
paul@mackinney.net