Re: ALSA/SBLive problem

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 02:14:51AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> What worked for me on SBLive: ditch ALSA, use OSS.  It Just Works.
> - From what I can tell, there is no difference in functionality between
> the two on the SBLive, but ALSA is a massive, avoidable pain in the
> ass for the same result.

what about functionality of SBlive! + Live! drive II? As far as I've tested live!
Drive II is not supported by OSS drivers. I've also find out that both
(OSS and ALSA) procude crappy sound output at higher volume.. compared
with AWE64 or same card (SBLive! + Live! Drive II) using Windows
NT/2000 and Creative Drivers.

regards,
 Andraz

--