Re: debian install without floppy or CD

Sharninder Singh-662 wrote:

is there any way for me to install debian on my machine here without a CD
drive and a floppy drive..ie. totally off the network .. at the max. i can
only get the ISOs on my machine or some other machine ...

So you have no floppy, no CD drive, and no network?

I suppose if you had a Star Trek -style transporter you could beam the bits into the box . . . :-)

You can take the drive out and put it in a different machine temporarily and install Debian that way, with enough left-over .debs as necessary to fix anything when it goes back into the original box.

Or you could put a second drive in the box that has all the necessary stuff to install Debian with.

Or you could use a USB jumpdrive (keychain drive) to copy files over for installing.

But the transporter might be the easiest . . . .

--
Kent