Re: a problem when use 'apt-get install' command install 'mysql-server', help !!

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 09:10:41AM +0800, Jojo wrote:
> 	I had got a 'apt-install error' problem when I used command:
> 	"apt-get -u install mysql-server mysql-client"

Just install the mysql-server. It'll add the client for you automatically.
At a minimum start with just the server and then when it's configured and
done, add the client.
It looks like your error was that it had the server running but hadn't
really configured it yet. Try this (I think that's the right structure):
	apt-get install --fix-missing mysql-server

If it says it's already installed try this:
	dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server

I hope that helps.

emma

--