apt-get error message

When I 'apt-get install' a package I have been getting the following
error message:

Retrieving bug reports... Done
dpkg-deb: wait for tar failed: No child processes
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/apt-listchanges", line 125, in ?
    (changes, urgency) = apt_listchanges.extract_changelog(deb, fromversion)
  File "/usr/lib/site-python/apt_listchanges.py", line 62, in extract_changelog
    binpackage = pkgdata.Package
AttributeError: DebianControlStanza instance has no attribute 'Package'

Is my system somehow corrupt or is this an actual error in
apt-listchanges?

--
"I'll take unequal justice to equal injustice any day."
    Rick Pasotto    rick@niof.net    http://www.niof.net