Re: gcc 3.3 in unstable/testing

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 08:09:43AM +0100, James Stone wrote:
> Just a quick question: why is the default gcc 3.3 in unstable/testing
> when the only one that seems to work for compiling stuff (at least on
> my system) is gcc 3.2.3?

Works fine for me, although we're having to fix up a few Debian packages
that used things like multiline strings in C (better now than later).
You might want to elaborate on what kind of "stuff". If you mean the
kernel, that's currently a special case, but it's been true for a long
time that you might need a different compiler for the kernel.

Cheers,