Re: inode error, linux won't boot

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 01:22:54PM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> I keep sending these to people directly instead of the list. My apologies!!
>
> Ooops. I created a new user by mistake when I was finishing the
> installation, or maybe it happened before. The result is that
> /home/emmajane no longer contains my files.
>
> Any idea where they might be?

Based on your earlier comment about "I hope I've left /dev/hda3
intact" and "no entry for /home in /etc/fstab" I'm guessing that
they're still sitting there on /dev/hda3.

Try fscking /dev/hda3, then mount it on /mnt and see what's in it. If
it's got your old emmajane directory then you can just add the
appropriate line in /etc/fstab.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons