Re: apt too big for its britches

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 05:00:57PM +0200, Rob Mahurin wrote:
> What, exactly, is running out of room here?  I'm fine on memory and
> disk space.
>
> 10:43 $ sudo apt-get -u upgrade
> Reading Package Lists... Error!
> E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
> E: Error occured while processing escputil (NewFileVer1)
> E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

AFAIK apt has a default that limits his memory usage.
fix for the problem:

charlie@marvin:~$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/charlie
APT::Cache-Limit 8192000;
charlie@marvin:~$

(the filename can be just anything)

hth

charlie

--
Végh Károly -  System Engineer - UTA - TIS.SAS.BSS
Cynics say that Hungarians created America's Hollywood before