Re: best way to run stable or testing program on ustable system (fwd)

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 06:13, Grzesiek Sedek wrote:
> Hi,
> I run my system as unstable, but in certain situations (i.e. recent
> Evolution Segfault or Mozilla problem on ppc) I'd like downgrade certain
> programs back to testing or stable - until the problem is resolved. I know
> that it is possible so could anyone point me to a document about it or
> show me their way to do it?
> Thanks

Possibly not the quickest, but my favoured solution to this is to visit
snapshot.debian.net and find a version from just before I experienced
breakages - or if you have the space, not clean out /var/cache/apt too
often, so they're still in there. Then you can dpkg -i them at will.

A cleaner method appears to be "apt pinning", but I have little to no
idea how this works - I'd suggest searching the archives.

HTH, Shaun.