Re: kernel 2.5.69 won't boot

Hello,

I resently learned how to compile working kernels.
Now, that was about 2.4.18 kernels, but perhaps this
helps for your case too, as the kernel panic looks a
bit like what I've seen.

You should check a few things in the config:

In "File systems", ensure "Second extended fs support"
has "y" clicked - if you've got a ext3 or reiserfs
enable that too

In "Block devices", make sure "y" is clicked next to
"Normal PC floppy disk support".

In "ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support" click on "IDE, ATA and
ATAPI Block devices" and make sure the first and third
options "Enhanced IDE/MFM/RLL disk/cdrom/tape/floppy
support" and "Include IDE/ATA-2 DISK support" have "y"
clicked.

This solved problems for me - perhaps it's a solution
in you're case too,

Joris

--- Mr and Mrs John D Jones III <jnbek@yahoo.com>