Re: Help with XMMS radio, specifically KPFB

On Saturday 31 May 2003 02:01, Dale Hair wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 12:12, paul@mackinney.net wrote:
> > Silly question 3 of 3: XMMS used to come up with KPFB in the
> > playlist, and it would work! Now after tweaking and geeking and
> > getting XMMS to actually play CD ROMs for the first time, I've lost
> > the radion station. I've tried searching for URLs on the web, but
> > nothing I add to the playlist works. XMMS documentation is fairly
> > minimal in this area. Anyone willing (perhaps off-list) to help me
> > with this?
>
> The mp3 stream is http://aud-one.kpfa.org:8080.
> If you need more help with this or other radio streams I'd be glad to
> help.  I listen to several different stations in mp3, wma, and ra.

wma ? I would like to be able to listen radio stations which broadcast
in wma. I guess you probably use mplayer, but how did you integrate it
with your browser?

And also about ra, I have realplayer installed, and it works for playing
local files (I have to kill alsa before starting realplayer), and I
have installed it's browser plugin (Mozilla plugins page, correctly
recognize it) but when I click on a radio stream (those files which
start in rtsp://) mozilla doesn't know what to do with them.

Cheers

--
/* There is SCO owned IP all over the Linux kernel. SCO will hunt them.
Free software infidels are liars. We will kill them all, and roast their

Aryan Ameri